As reported by the New York Times, Puzder is withdrawing his nomination to the US Labor Secretary position. Trump's administration typically nominates candidates that hate the function of the departments over which they are to preside. Puzder is no exception. Being the CEO of CKE Restaurants, owner of Hardee's and Carl's Jr., saying that he is not a friend of labor is an understatement.
News from the CWA
- AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka Reacts to President Trump's State of the Union Speech
- What Working People Are Doing This Week
- The Working People Weekly List
- In Florida, AFSCME’s Razor-Sharp Focus Is on Growth
- Congress’ Plan to Tax Your Health Benefits
- Wife of Officer Killed in the Line of Duty: 'Iowa Deserves Better'
- Noel Canning strike ends, funding Trumptopia, Uber rant…
- GOP tees up its annual workers’ comp cuts
- Saint Martin’s faculty to walk out today over union opposition
- Departing 787s, repealing I-1433, covering for Trump…
- PTE 17’s McGee retires; Nelson named Executive Director
- RyanCare leaked, AFL-CIO cuts, uses of outrage…