As reported by the New York Times, Puzder is withdrawing his nomination to the US Labor Secretary position. Trump's administration typically nominates candidates that hate the function of the departments over which they are to preside. Puzder is no exception. Being the CEO of CKE Restaurants, owner of Hardee's and Carl's Jr., saying that he is not a friend of labor is an understatement.
News from the CWA
- Investors with $3 Trillion in Assets Call for CEO-to-Worker Pay Ratio Disclosure
- Getting Kids to Be Activists Through a Graphic Novel
- AFL-CIO Analysis of President Donald Trump’s FY 2018 Budget
- 9 Ways the Republican Health Care Bill Makes Health Coverage in America Unaffordable and Out of Reach
- Women's History Month Working Women Profiles: Kara Sheehan
- Rep. Steve King and the Racist Origins of 'Right to Work'
- Bad budget, Boeing layoffs are all local, dumber by watching…
- Call Congress: Don’t take away health care!
- Senate Republican budget plan short-changes state employees
- Boeing sheds more jobs, Donald Grump, no sympathy…
- Workforce development labor reps to convene on May 12
- ‘Deeply troubled’ by Judge Gorsuch’s record